Follow Us on YouTube

Monday, May 26, 2014

Prayer to overcome temptation


http://christiansblogss.blogspot.com/
Source: Internet
Lord God, you know the temptations I'm facing. You know how they weaken my will, distress my heart and wound my conscience. For my temptations make me so painfully aware of my own weakness that sometimes I find it difficult even to come before you in prayer, knowing how unworthy I am of your goodness.

But you are a God of love and forgiveness, a God of strength and hope, and our faith in you is our rock in times of trials. That's why I lift my eyes to you and I pray with David: "From the end of the earth will I cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

Though the waves of temptation threaten to overwhelm me, bear with me, faithful God, strengthen my heart and sharpen my will until the storm passes and the sea is calm again. And even if I stumble on the way, do not let me fall, but stay by my side until all my stumbling blocks are torn to pieces and I can find peace in my soul again.

Just like you were with your son Jesus in the wilderness, be with me in this trial and use this temptation for my growth. You have the power to turn even evil into good. It's not in my own strength, but in yours I trust, my Lord. This is my battle, not yours. Help me fight it so I can rejoice in victory.

AMEN

IamChristian

Prayer is the most powerful and effective way to solve our problems. If you are not religious, you might not be interested in the spiritual side of things. But if you're religious, then a prayer can help make your faith stronger. You can pray for anything, and it's always good to have a prayer handy for when the time comes. So when you need some guidance or help, remember that there is always a prayer..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 IamChristian.